Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

I see Putin more as a Mafioso , than a Communist . Why ? He likes money and the rich life , he likes it a lot ! . As a KGB officer , he could see first hand , WHY Communism was a failure . He could have steered Russia in that direction , but did not . Instead , he directed it in a direction more in line with Western European forms . Many of the KGB went into the Russian Mafia when they found themselves out of a job . I have no doubt Putin and old buddies have stayed in close contact . What I see is a Crime Family , on a national level , with Putin as a kind of godfather . It is well known that he gets kick backs , and has created a infrastructure , of banks , agencies , etc. in order to get those kickbacks . Corrupt ? Yes , but that type of corruption has been going on in that country , sense the Czars . Its just accepted , much like it is in Mexico . Putin and Trump are Nationalists , the Chinese leader is a Globalist …………this puts them at natural odds with each other ( Globalism IS Communism repackaged ) . Time will tell , but I do think Trump and Putin have more in common , than less . Russia and China have been cautious allies , pretty much because of the behavior of the third jackass in the power triad , the United States . But they , never really liked each other . I have to agree with Putins fondness of a bi polar system ……things were better then . Its possible that China could turn out to be the worlds new scape goat , much like the Soviet Union . We are living in interesting times ………………….cant say I like that , but I have no control over it . I would love to see more Russian blood spilled in the middle east , and less American , that cant happen in the status quo . Joint actions to clean up the mess is desirable , if the map has to be redrawn , who cares . It was done after WW2 when Israel was created .