Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Generals always prepare to fight the last war.

Which usually results in their side getting their butts kicked until they figure out how to fight the new one.

I appreciate Selco & Co., this site, you guys – Selco is a godsend and this site is a veritable fount of otherwise-impossible-to-obtain information – but I don’t think that the circumstances surrounding the next SHTF (especially here in the US) will resemble his experiences except in that a great many people will get dead very easily.

The skills needed and tools required won’t change, I think.

The most important takeaway from Selco’s article. At least for me: “You have to adapt fact that maybe you’ll be forced to survive only with your skills. You do not know, and cannot be sure.”

This. Spend all your time learning skills that apply to to rural, backwoods areas and then get trapped in an urban pocket when it all goes down. Or the opposite: learn urban skills, then get stranded in the backcountry. Spend your time putting distance between you and the Golden Horde and then have the “Us vs Them” line be your front yard…

Everyone got a plan until they get hit in the mouth. It’s what you do afterwards that counts…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1