Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

I dont know if control is what we want , the US has tried to control EVERYTHING , after the fall of the Soviet Union , and we have made a total mess of it . Nationalists cant be controlled , but they can be bargained with , if shown the benefit to their country . I think we did indeed dodge a BIG bullet with Trump being elected . Clinton and Putin HATE each other , there would have been no compromise , both would do it to spite the other , all the way down the road to WW3 . Putin and Trump , on the other hand , at least respect each other . Contrary to the belief of a lot of people , respect does not mean like or condone . You can respect your enemy , Patton and Rommel had a very great respect for each other , even tho they were on the opposite side of the coin . Nationalists do understand , and yes , respect the fact that the other is going to try to make the best deal they can for their country . Thats why I feel we are going to see the most productive talks , and cooperation between the two countries , than we have in decades . I hope LePen makes it in France . LePen would like to see NATO dissolved . I dont know Trumps ideas on that , but at this time , NATO is obsolete . The EU has already decided to form its own European armed forces . Trump rightfully wants the Europeans to pay their fair share of the upkeep of NATO , something they have NEVER done , and seem unwilling to do . Why should they , if the US is stupid enough to foot 70% of the bill ? That is something we should have pushed hard for while the Soviet Union was on their doorstep . Funny how you can come up with the money ……..if your scared enough .