Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

He may be right, but there are just too many inconsistencies in that article, and too many things that, to me, appear too illogical – even internally to that article itself. Just one issue alone is at the end: how do Amazon and such companies prosper when people are barely scraping by now, and his own chart shows the near-100% chance of so many job sectors simply disappearing from the market? Who’s going to BUY all of Amazon’s drone-assisted deliveries – the unemployed postal and UPS workers? The unemployed real estate agents, telemarketers, and others at the far end of his list of those about to lose their jobs? He says parts of the whole process won’t recover (NOTHING is permanent in this world, but functionally I follow what he’s saying). But then he tells us to invest in those very companies (Amazon, etc.) BECAUSE they will always still be there. I ain’t buyin’ that claim, just for starters.

For me, I believe the United States as a constitutional republic is gone, and we’re a shell of what was once substance. In the meantime, the only rules are what the Chief Executive says they area, and Congress will not stop him (nor the courts). So yes, in my opinion, the flush bar has already been pushed down, and we’ve already started down the tubes. The only thing I’ve ever seen come back up those tubes is raw sewage from back-ups, or rats.

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."