Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

GS, the real war, the one between good and evil, may never be completely finished, though we hope for the best, but I fear your statement on the present battle is correct.

I once had the pleasure to meet Guy R. Odom, an author of two books, Mothers, Leadership, and Success, and America’s Man on Horseback . He was retired as the one time president of the largest homebuilding company in America, about nine years my senior, and he told me that to do all the research he had done to write those books, he had read at least three scholarly works, on a wide variety of topics, each week(!), since his retirement, almost two decades prior. I was impressed, to say the least.

In those two books, he establishes, then uses as a point from which to reason, that great nations, both ancient, and recent, if they are successful, only last, from glorious and strident beginning, to ignominious and often bloody collapse, only about 250 years, on average, the variance, plus or minus, rarely exceeding 25 years. He attributes this to the average of 25 years, on average, to begin the nexterm generation — 10 generations, beginning to end!

He reckoned the beginning of the rise of an independent America, not from 1776, with the Declaration, nor from 1789, with the Constitution, but that day in 1763, during the French and Indian War, when then Colonel George Washington carried his dying British General off the field of battle, having seen proof that despite their reputation, and superior weaponry, the British troops could be beaten. By Odom’s reckoning, we are already three years past our “Best By” date. I must confess, it looks that way to me, as well.

Odom expected, as he wrote in his second book, that like Rome, when their Republic had run its course, we will be at least partly reconstituted as the American Empire, not exactly the ideal to make the heart of a radical advocate for Liberty sing, but perhaps better for our progeny, than immediate conquest.

Take it for what you will. I have no pedigree. I’m just an American.

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Leadership-Success-Guy-Odom/dp/0962400602/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=F24TCX5RY71FF7QHKT93

https://www.amazon.com/Americas-Man-Horseback-Guy-Odom/dp/0825305012

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.