Profile photo of 74
Survivalist
rnews

Now that it’s shorts and tee shirt weather I took out the smallest pistol I own, a copy of Walther’s PPK chambered in 22lr made by Erma. I don’t really like the fact that it is a 22 but I think I paid $100 for it and wanted something small I could carry wearing a suit to the office. It might not be the right reasons for buying it but money was an issue. Tonight I looked at the price of 380 PPK’s and they run at about $850. on GunBroker and 22lr PPK’s go for $400. Or better. So I’m not trading up to a 380.

I carried the gun all day doing yard work in a IWB holster and basically forgot it was there. PPK’s weight is 20 oz. My S&W M60 weight is 24.5 oz, not much more but size wise the PPK is thinner and smaller.

This copy is a clone of the PPK and shares the same operation. Double action first shot capability, single action after the first shot. The safety is a decocker with a hammer block and safely drops the hammer.

Accuracy is sufficient for a small gun in close self defense distances. The sights are small and would be useless in low light, just barely functional in daylight.

What little gun do you carry?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.