Profile photo of
Anonymous
Survivalist

The comments following the article are interesting as well.

Wow! A bit of a gold mine in the comments. I watched almost all of the Trader21 lecture (sampled a bit from about the 1/3 to 1/2-way point, then 100% of the 2nd half).

http://independenttrader.org/trader21-lecture-presented-at-fx-cuffs.html

Very insightful, good documentation going back far enough to establish patterns, not just the usual “this looks just like what happened in Year X, therefore it will turn out just the same” cr@p. I found the idea of perhaps a basket of currencies for keeping the cash to be an idea that has made sense for a while now. But one would have to watch the video in order for that to make sense. Suffice it to say, this guy certainly has a good handle on the various markets, doesn’t like what he sees virtually anywhere (markets or locations), and is largely in cash – awaiting the opportunities that he makes a good case for. But implicit in that is a very ugly scenerio, and the $US doesn’t seem to be a good place to be (it’s already starting to break from its recent high around 100 – and it seems to be staying on a downward trend, not just a brief correction).

Anyway, enough technical stuff. Thanks for the link, and pointing out the comments. I also noted that Trader21 mentioned the exceptional low of the Baltic Dry Index in his presentation. I don’t know who he is, but he seems to have quite a bit of respect, and he presents well. (It’s all English subtitles unless one speaks Polish.)