Profile photo of 74
Survivalist
rnews

Let’s try to stay on topic and build a useful resource. We have many knowledgeable contributors in gardening and food storage methods that can help.

I’m planting seed potatoes from my last season’s crop. I stored them in my garage in cardboard boxes on shelving. One wall of the garage is below grade level and I have the shelves against that wall. The garage will stay about 40-45F until outside temps hit the 80’s for a few weeks.

The bulk of my potatoes were harvested late in September. The potatoes are still efible although they’ve become a little shriveled and the eyes have small potatoes growing. If I had to these could still be kept as edible for another month or so. My first planting of potatoes is about 4″ tall now. In s month I should have baby potatoes to keep us going and maintain a sustainable cycle year after year.

Below is a box being used for seed. One potato is cut in half so you can see the quality. After cooking there wouldn’t be anything noticeably wrong with the texture or taste of these potatoes.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.