Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Hello Everyone. You probably see I am writing more articles now and also getting trusted friends to write some articles too.

It would be great to hear some ideas and suggestions on what articles you would like to read?

Please make some suggestions in this thread.

Thank you.
Selco.

Sup big guy?

I got one for you. How did older folks get by during your time in the f***-barrel?

Perfect SHTF scenario is everyone is a fit 20-something with some pretty good skills, heavily armed, ideally located and well supplied…

Reality says that a lot – if not most of us – are going to be in our 40’s with folks in their 60’s and 70’s (probably family) under our care and protection, not ideally located, poorly provisioned and wanting in some area of training….

So, I would like to see an article dedicated to the older generation – those who have some serious life skills, but are decades past their prime and probably have to rely on others to an extent to get by. How they did it, what they had to do, how they coped (or not), what they could or could not do, how they fared, etc..

You mentioned once a long time ago that – no matter how much of a badass you thought you were, there was some old grandpa with a left-over rifle from WWII who didn’t care anymore and would drop you, no problem. Or something to that effect. My gut tells me what you said is more true that not and very likely happened. You probably even saw it happen.

Which tells me the older generation played a bigger, more important part in your time in SHTF-land than I originally suspected…

Thanks much… keep em coming.

Mal

Edit: Perhaps an interview or two from older folks who were there who survived. I know they’d be quite old by now, but I think it would be an invaluable resource.

Thanks again.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Malgus Malgus.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Malgus Malgus.