Profile photo of Brulen
Brulen
Survivalist
member9

GS.

Hey we always use synthetic, except on my old f350 dieselpickup 15-40 rotella. Something about the rear engine seal that doesn’t like synthetic. Also around the oil pan. One day I inquired at the local ford place about stopping the oil leaks but I got shocked, total engine removal $2000. The body isn’t in good enough shape and it doesn’t leak much oil so, why bother. I worry a bit about the oil pan rusting thru though but I think a bit of epoxy would fix it. Short term fix anyway. Less than 3000 miles a year driving it.
My other prep is green slime. Every year after the winter I’ve got flat tires: the rototiller, the log splitter, the atv, alway one or the other. On the atv this year instead of putting in the recommended amount I went all out and put in a gallon. It seems to have worked. Old tires though. I have the tube but getting the tires off is more work than I thought. The way the bead is set is something else. It’s a 600 grizzly by Yamaha and I know new tires and rims are coming someday. These toys last forever.
One other prep I did was a new drill, recriprocating saw and screw drill by Milwaukee – M12s. A bit more compact than my old stuff and the recriprocating saw is very handy cutting out brush. The pruning blade is fast even cutting down small trees. All we really need is a chipper.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.