Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Actually , I find it disturbing , yes on one hand we all think its a cool idea , but on the other hand the reality of it is more than a little troubling . We are complaining about how ” bad ” things are , but nothing serious has actually gone down in the country to force anybody to live that way . What is disturbing is the fact that whoever built this was not some homeless bum , making due with a strip of plastic and cardboard , this was a semi permanent home , built for a purpose . The fact that no trace was left of movement , the speed at which it was dismantled , and leaving a hobo glyph , very neatly , and clearly placed on the ground , should bother all of us . Why ? like mentioned above , this was not the work of one person , this person has had to have had training to be able to accomplish this without detection or trace , they left a glyph to let whoever else that knew about the place know what was going on ……………that should have been destroyed immediately . They are doing this in ‘ peace time ‘ , no reason to do this , unless you are a drug runner/grower , you are running from the law , have or plan to commit a crime , etc . We are not talking teenagers making a ‘ fort ‘ in the woods or a casual camper . Again , this was done with purpose , by more than one person , with specialized training , my suspicious nature , and complete lack of faith in humanity , leads me to believe this was done by somebody with ill intent and motives . I dont believe for one moment it was a group of guys , simply dropping out of society . This should be disturbing to us , because there are a lot more of this ilk out there , already set up for whatever , and they are probably NOT going to be our friends in troubled times . The authorities were VERY remiss at not setting up some kind of surveillance after the first stage of removal occurred , even deer cameras set up high in the trees would have been better than nothing .