Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

and some “anti-establishment squads” of well-equipped anarchists have been spotted causing issues and damages to property, cash machines, two subway stations etc.

That seems to just further confirm the concept of a purely evil force, bent on destruction, not solutions. It’s not about building the future in this or that faction’s vision of what’s best – it’s about destroying ANYthing that exists – the very worst definition of anarchy. It’s a very real force, and it’s being seen almost everywhere – whether it’s Ferguson, Missouri, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Greece, South Africa, the rest of Europe, or wherever. They’re everywhere, and they cannot be negotiated with successfully.

I’m so sorry to hear there’s been no change for the better, Proteus. But then only those naive enough to listen to politicians’ promises expected any positive changes. It would be easy to become discouraged, but there is good in the world, and I choose to focus most of my days on keeping those things in my life. It’s the Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
— [acceptance agreement]
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
— [not knowing the difference leads to crazy thinking and behaviors]

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.