Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

I’m still wondering how the GOP came to be so comfortable promoting the aims of Marx an Engels, but there’s no doubt that they are. The Public Fool System is a lot more persuasive than it was 60 years ago.

As for the average intellectual level among school teachers, I can testify. My kids were in grade school when “the new math” became the new controversy. I was going to school myself, at the time, so I took a 1 semester detour to study “the new math” to be able to help my kids. As it turned out, I needn’t have bothered — it was only arithmetic confusingly dressed in Set Theory notation– BFD! But it gave me an opportunity to study teachers and teacher wannabes.

About half of them struggled to get it, and at least a third of them couldn’t master the concept of extracting a square root. I could never figure out how to explain (and teach) something I didn’t understand myself, but other people’s kids weren’t my immediate problem. It appears some of them have grown up to be so, all the same.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.