Profile photo of MountainBiker
MountainBiker
Survivalist
member10

Good article, and important too. Being able to discern between good and bad rumors could mean life or death in a real SHTF scenario.

The article brings me back to the mid 60’s when there were race riots all over the country. I was only 12 or 13 at the time and I can remember the rumors flying about how rioters were planning to come into our neighborhood. It was 100% white given the segregation of the times and people were generally fearful of black people. I can remember listening as the men talked about how the blacks were going to be coming to our neighborhood. There was only one road into the neighborhood from the direction they’d come from and the firehouse was right at the entrance. Based on such rumors armed men manned the firehouse to stop any blacks from coming in. They never came of course. They were burning down their own neighborhoods, not attacking white neighborhoods but somehow unfounded rumors like that took hold. Emotion was driving people into illogical decision-making on rumors.