Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

Tec,

In the little bit of time I’ve been home today, I’ve tried to do some tracking down of the Clinton/Russian connection to the Hammond Ranch area of the BLM land. I’ve had very little luck, but at least a small piece was interesting at minimum. Almost all of the “stories” are in obscure publications with no track record of credibility (doesn’t mean they’re false, but certainly that they can’t be relied on for solid information). Most of the pieces are actually in comments TO stories (like Facebook, Disqus, etc. – not the stories themselves). But the one intriguing piece that I found was multiple references to a now-deleted Facebook post on the Uranium One Facebook page, in which the company thanked a certain Oregon newspaper for their support. Kind of cryptic, but it specifically pertained to the Hammond Ranch/BLM controversy, reportedly. The problem? That Facebook post (if it really did ever exist) is now gone. But one comment poster to a particular related article attempted to include a screen capture he’d gotten of the Facebook post by Uranium One before it was removed from Facebook. That graphic was apparently not allowed on the site to which he attempted to post it, or else it was removed (the New American site). I saw additional references by other commenters after news stories in which they claimed to have seen previous stories that have suddenly disappeared in the media. And having been around long enough to know that “interesting” stories sometimes just magically disappear from the media, and then even get scrubbed from archives, I at least perk up when I see these kinds of claims – just in case.

Then I found the following quote that got me more interested:

Rappoport writes: “On April 23, 2015, the NY Times ran a story under the headline, ‘Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal.’ The bare bones of the story: a Canadian company called Uranium One controls a great deal of uranium production in the U.S. It was sold to Russia (meaning Putin and his minions). So Putin now controls 20 percent of U.S. uranium production. From the Times: ‘…the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States.’ ”

According to the New York Times article, leaders of the Canadian mining industry made several charitable donations to the various “endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family,” including a total of $31.3 million from mining financier Frank Giustra, and then sold the Russians a company later dubbed Uranium One. As the Times reported, the sale of Uranium One to Putin required State Department approval, because uranium is considered a strategic asset – and then-Secretary Clinton granted the approval.

http://www.worldtribune.com/the-clintons-uranium-and-the-oregon-shootout-report-addresses-unasked-questions/

World Tribune? It’s been around since 1998, supposedly, and is linked on Drudge, but it’s a bit tough to find out much about it. Bill Gertz used to (currently?) write for them, so who knows…. But here’s the original NYT story from a year ago. It’s disturbing enough when it comes to the dirty Clintons – but it’s about a ranch in Gillette, Wyoming, with no mention of Oregon and the BLM land there. How the connection is being made is still a mystery, it would seem. But it’s worth watching, at least. Probably nothing though – after all, how could a leading presidential candidate possibly be involved in underhanded dealings that would undermine the very nation she’s attempting to head and represent? {choke!}

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

But it gets potentially more suspicious when you look up Frank Giustra. I knew about his mining connections, and also his Hollyweird connections. But his close connections (note the plural) to the Clintons was new to me. Just check out his Wikipedia entry for a quick synopsis. VERY intriguing, particularly in the “Other work” section of the entry, near the bottom.

What was that line we learned way back when we were mere school kids? “Oh what a tangled web we weave….”

Possibly very good catch, Tec. We shall see.

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.