Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

“The state — or, to make matters more concrete, the government — consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can’t get, and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time it is made good by looting ‘A’ to satisfy ‘B’. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advanced auction on stolen goods.” — H. L. Mencken

While that remains as true as it was in Mencken’s day, insofar as getting elected is concerned, virtually all candidates nowadays, come to us already pre-sold to some large interest group, or another. Most of the hopefuls of the two dominant parties, at least by the time they get around to seeking national-level office, are already sold to the cause of Globalism (monolithic planetary control) as opposed to serving the interests of their nation’s citizens, first and foremost, and in opposition, if necessary, to the interest of other nations, or of those who would enslave all nations.

I am trying to discern which of the candidates, if any at all, (1) actually intends, to “preserve, protect, and defend, the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic,” and (2) actually has the guts, and the smarts, to give it a chance of succeeding.

So far, my eyeballs and earbones are just getting sore.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.