Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

If the dollar falls , digital currency is a waste of time , as it will be like the Weimar Republic in Germany , after WW1 . If the Russians and Chinese have their way , and create a gold backed currency of their own , hold onto Syria and other places , we are screwed . In all economically challenged countries , the black market , and barter will be an unstoppable way of life . It was so in this country during the great depression , but more because people didnt have a lot of physical cash , they bartered skill , goods , or labor for things as simple as a daily meal , or a place to sleep . It was a way of life until WW2 broke out and put everybody back to work . They will have a very hard time getting rid of cash . What scares me , is that if or when the collapse happens , its going to make the 1930’s look like a cake walk . I dont think the government will be in any position to control much of anything beyond staying in power ……………even that may not be a total guarantee , people are not very ” patriotic ” anymore , when it comes to the government , and with good reason . Historically , economic collapse is a very dangerous situation for any society . The reason being , that the situation can be exploited by those with ill intent and high charisma , Hitler , Mussolini , Lenin , etc . Always leading to the fall of the the old government . We are people to , and not immune to that kind of thing . I think the government will having to preform a very great balancing act to stay in power . Back in the 1930s , nobody really knew what to do , including world governments , it had never happened to that degree before . That is why after it was over , more safe guards were put in place . I think that will hold true the next time around , nobody will know what to do to peacefully get out of it . Thats another worry , in this day and age , warfare is far to dangerous a game to play , as it could very well end humanity . In that respect I think NATO did the right thing with Turkey to try to keep things from escalating in a direction that nobody could get out of .