Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Hi,
Hey for a great small case which is water proof I you can never go wrong with a 30 or 50 caliber ammo can. They are easy stack, have a handle and are water tight. I have a bunch of them and are invaluable. I even saw them being sold at Costco over the weekend. However I bought mine for $2.50 and they have since gone up in cost probably because everyone it thinking the same thing. When it comes to holding ammo I like them because you can not put too much in them saving your back.

Prepped the garden boxes this week. We have about 600 square feed to boxes and will be putting in another another 400 feet. These are all lined with aviary cloth which is a welded metal to keep out the gophers.

Since it is dry if this lasts much longer I will be turning over the field to start preparing it. My plan is to have about 1 and 1/2 acre of really good land prepped just in case. I have access to wood chips and other nice organic material. I will be plowing this material in and then rototilling it later on to mix things up. I will be covering it with new material each year and hopefully this will result in some great planting soil.

Been doing a bunch of reloading and bought a new single stage press for my rifle brass loading. This will allow me to have two side by side set up with sizeing and seating dies for one caliber.

Realist,

There is a place some miles from here that deals in prepper/doomer stuff. Ammo cans as well. All sizes, all the way up to the big 20MM ones.

What I noticed is that they were selling “new” .50 cal ammo cans for the same as the used ones that had been marked by the military. When I asked where they got “new” cans and why they the same price as the used ones, they said “They’re made in China”… :(

The only cans I trust are the ones that have military stencil paint on them identifying their contents, and dirt/sand inside. Those I know are genuine. Hose them out, let dry, shoot them flat OD green and re-stencil them with my own markings. (1-inch high brass stencil sets can be found on Feebay or through MSC…).

To preserve the rubber gasket on your ammo cans, treat it the same as your car door gaskets – squirt it with a little silicone and wipe dry.

Loaderbot thumbs up on the food/field preps and reloading preps.

[attachment file=”Loaderbot thumbs up.png”]

This weekend the orchard gets pruned and treated with TreeKote – the tree and bug people down at the county extension say that I really don’t need to coat over the pruned bits with it, but I’ve had good luck with it for many years… And since we’re now on Year 5 for the orchard, we should start seeing some return on our investment – trees should be matured enough to start producing…

And yeah, we have to till as well. Increasing the garden by a factor of 3… we had such good success with potatoes last year, we’re expanding. Thinking about ducks to help knock back the bug problem – potato bugs will strip that garden in short order, but I don’t much like spraying…

Be well. Peace.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Malgus Malgus. Reason: Edited to insert Loaderbot
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.