Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

If you’ve ever seen the excellent movie, Three Days of the Condor, think about the character of Joubert – a sophisticated, intelligent individual – who also had no problem being a hired assassin, with loyalties to only his current employer. His tastes were very fine (i.e. high society), he could probably get along in almost any setting, yet he was a very mysterious person. That’s how I see Kissinger, in many ways. Don’t forget the horrible things Kissinger put up with (or simply didn’t worry about) as he listened to Nixon spew comments about Jews. Yet he was loyal to Nixon, and did his bidding. Never, ever, underestimate his type. People like us just can’t think like people of his type. From the Nixon tapes we gain the following:

“The emigration of Jews from the Soviet Union is not an objective of American foreign policy,” Mr. Kissinger said. “And if they put Jews into gas chambers in the Soviet Union, it is not an American concern. Maybe a humanitarian concern.”
“I know,” Nixon responded. “We can’t blow up the world because of it.”

I suspect Kissinger is amoral. Just like Joubert. His sophistication hides a lot.

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."