Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

Yeah, namelus, I’d also like to see plans or photos of the shipping container/gravel and the basalt/steel/gravel structures. As for the bottlebrick structures, I think they’d be best suited to warm, relatively dry locations. But, heck, if I had tens of thousands of empty water or soda bottles, lots of dry, fine-grained soil, and a crew of several dozen people to work for cheap, I might try it. Single-handed though, it might take the rest of my life.

I did get to see the beginnings of what enough plastic bottles, time, and money could produce, though not a land-based structure. I don’t know if the Plastiki ever made news outside of San Francisco, and Sydney, but young Mr. de Rothschild was, for a time, one of my employer’s tenants, and it became necessary to move his Plastiki operation from one part of the piershed to another, so I was one of the party that went to meet him and lay out the new location.

Having seen how sturdy a rammed earth wall is, I’d be more inclined to use soil to build that type of structure, if the soil was clayey enough, and the foundation could be kept dry.

Cry, "Treason!"