Profile photo of 74
Survivalist
rnews

Sled,
The real issue is picking what you believe is the correct scope. The rifle as long as it is fairly accurate now will only be better with a scope. The scout scope selection is limited but if you add in hand gun scopes it will give you a more options.

Getting the correct eye relief is the first issue. Then selecting the most appropriate magnification. I believe exit pupil is important. If I the pupil is small getting lined up with the scope could be slow.

I have a 4x Leupold handgun scope on a Swedish Mauser. I built when the guns were going for $75.00. (So if thete is a purist reading this hold your fire). I found the gun can shoot much better then a 4 power scope allows, do I want more magnification. The exit pupil is smaller then I’d like. The scope has more eye relief then I want. My scope is not good in low light with a 1″tube and 24mm objective lens.

I had Millet rings on it until about 2 years ago, and switched to a tactical forward one-piece mount. I modified my sight base to accept picatinny rail mounts.

I’m thinking about switching to a Burris 3X13 32mm so I can take advantage of the long range accuracy on the rifle and still have fast cqb ability.

[attachment file=”IMG_20160208_160529.jpg”]

[attachment file=”IMG_20160208_160609.jpg”]

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.