wildartist
wildartist
Survivalist
member7

Hmmm, as you get older, change happens inevitably. Turned 73 which amazes me since my father never reached this age. We are still on our tiny lot on the edge of a small city. Have a veggie garden which does well, planted a fruit tree and some berries. Still hunt waterfowl, but this season has not been great–here in OK nor, as I hear from friends, has it been–in Texas or other places due to our winter being too warm. Bought a youth/ladies’ crossbow and have permission to hunt a few places, at long last. Bushrat, my beloved, had emergency heart bypass surgery–was given 3 months to live if he didn’t. So the past 4 months have been spent recovering under my care, and now his prosthetic legs are being refitted. God in His grace kept him alive, for which I am grateful. Bushrat is my best friend and co-adventurer in life, as well as extremely knowledgeable about firearms and defense strategy. OUR CREDIT CARD IS PAID OFF! A major accomplishment–actually a gift from God. Never thought we would see this day. We sold our former travel trailer (old & heavy) and purchased a newer, lighter one–outfitting it for a BOV as well as hunting cabin. And it is ostensibly for traveling to art shows to sell my work. Another gift from God, my artwork is doing extremely well already this year, after having to cancel all my fall shows due to Bushrat’s surgery. So, as long as the economy continues and people hunt/show/breed dogs, I will be making sales and turning the income into preps…;) I know the country and world are teetering on the brink of collapse, but although we are not young and very strong any more, we have many skills and the will to survive. The rest is in God’s hands. I love this forum for the conservative views and practical experiences.

[attachment file=”Alice GooseCr.jpg”]

[attachment file=”Marsh Veteran.72dpi.jpg”]

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by wildartist wildartist.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by wildartist wildartist.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.