Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

I have not run into this , I have a passport , and used it to go to Cancun Mexico last year ( you have to have one now to Canada and Mexico after 9/11 , this isnt anything new ) , but I flew from Maine to AZ for Christmas using only my drivers license ……………no problems , no questions . Matter of fact I traveled a great deal to many states using only my DL as ID ………..never a problem . They sometimes questioned some things I was carrying , but thats another issue . I have to agree with MountainBiker , the AZ drivers license is the same way , has your picture , hight,weight,eye color , address ………it has always been that way . Not a bad thing . The on y thing other states freak out about an AZ DL is the expiration date ……….its expires when you turn 65 ! , so you could be an 18 year old kid , and it expires on the year you turn 65 . Also , even though it was a friendly thing to do for a long time , not to need a passport to enter Canada or Mexico …………it made no sense ! doesnt matter what country you go to , your crossing an international border , you should be required to show proof of nationality to the country your entering , and vise versa . Even when you didnt need one to cross over to a border town and do some shopping , etc ……….if you wanted to go far into Mexico or Canada , you had to get a visa and produce a passport , so that never changed . I grew up in a border town in the Southwest , I know that very well . We used to walk across to mexico freely all the time , we would go drinking there , because we were under age in the US . Mexico was a different place then , you didnt have to worry like you do now , but still needed a visa past X number of miles away from the border . Honestly though , I envy my parents and grandparents generation that could catch a TRAIN to almost any place in the country , and it was enjoyable traveling by their accounts . I also agree with GS about the TSA , they need to be disbanded . Its old news guys , as far as needing a passport for our neighbors , that happened when George Bush was still in office . Been in effect almost 15 years now .