Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

L Tecolote – SHHhhhh! You’re not supposed to discuss such things in public! ;-)

But besides – despite CONgress being so heavily populated with lawyers, surely they wouldn’t do such underhanded things to their subjects – er – loyal constituents, now would they? (Not that the majority of constituents would even understand what you just discussed anyway. I can see the deer in the headlights stare if there was one of those man-on-the-street interview cameras in which you posed just that little bit to almost anyone on even a college campus today.)

I envy you. What a privilege it would have been to have met and listened to Russell Means in person, and to have received an invitation to join the Republic of Lakotah. It was so refreshing to learn that anyone could be part of it, conditioned only on a willingness to live its principles as discussed in the video. I remember when a certain bar keep posted a very moving tribute to him when he died several years ago. I have to admit that I knew relatively little about him – only the negative things, for the most part. Sounds like you’ve been enlightened much longer than I have on him. I only “discovered” the rest of the story about Russell Means after that tribute. Thanks for sharing that wonderful personal account. (As for the Italian bus driver vs. illegal immigrant video, Mrs. Georgia Saint and I are STILL laughing about that one!)

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.