Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

(from the NYTimes article:) “[A] common thread is people angry at the way this country is no longer working for many ordinary citizens.”

MB, I’m not ready to describe an article that (even obliquely) backs the candidacy of Bernie Sanders as “excellent,” but they’re right about how the disaffection of the average voters has finally transcended their airhead abilities to keep more focused on sports, soap operas, and comedy than on who shall control their lives. It’s a pity that we have allowed our government to rule us (who should, after all, be ruling them) but so it is, and it finally has become apparent to a large enough portion of the populace that who governs them actually matters, that even the NYTimes cannot pretend it away any longer.

If elected will he complete the dismantling of the Republic?

Roadracer, the dismantling has gone so far, that I’m not sure that any of the leading candidates even could forestall it, but unless either of the two leading Democrats are lying profusely about their intentions, I expect they’d complete it, Slam Dunk!, if elected.

The salvation of an ostensibly “self-governing” nation cannot, by definition, be left up to the talents and intentions of any “leader,” however capable, and/or well-intended. It must come from the conscious understandings and choices of the people themselves, or not at all.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.