Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

ROFL! Decatur? Figgers… I think the story about got it right:

The state Legislature is controlled by Republicans and the governor is also a Republican. Oliver has yet to pick up a Republican co-sponsor for her bill. The leader of the state’s most prominent gun rights organization, Georgia Carry Executive Director Jerry Henry, predicts that Oliver’s bill will not move forward.

Decatur – the city that changed its motto from, “A city of homes, schools, and churches,” to “A city of homes, schools and places of worship.” It’s within the I-285 loop around Atlanta, and hardly represents Southern thinking, thankfully.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I don’t think ANYone’s out of the woods on the gun issue anymore. And Decatur will probably keep electing this (___fill in with favorite appropriate derogatory term___) to “her” seat in the State Legislature.

One question I have for all the gun-grabbers making headlines: if the gun owners are all so dangerous, why do the gun-grabbers keep speaking out and risking their lives by enraging all these murderous, angry gun owners? LOL

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."