Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

Turned out he was right …………Vietnam was such a resounding success was it not ? Kill a bunch of good guys , …………….then bug out , destroying the moral of a nation for generations . He , and WE owe the government nothing . Especially when it comes to our personal well being in the face of undeclared ( illegal ) wars on foreign soil . We do have the right of free men to think and refuse unjust behavior of the Government . My father was a WW2 vet , he was going to send my older brother to Canada if he got drafted , he had just turned 18 . The “war” ended shortly afterward , but he knew this was not a justified conflict as the one he had participated in . Turned out he was right also . Everybody resists in their own way , like doing side jobs for cash to avoid taxation , on and on . Our obligations are to our families , our community , and the area in which we live ……….beyond that , the government can go pound sand , our only obligation to the country ( and the country and government are NOT the same thing ) is to help defend it if it is absolutely , and clearly threatened . which aside from 1812 , 1941 …….has not happened . The revolution doesnt count…….because , well , it was a revolution , the civil war doesnt count because it was a civil war . Point is , we all do what we feel we need to do , to get out of or avoid what we feel is unjust , weather that be an undeclared war , taxation , other laws , etc ……..why do we behave that way ? because we are Americans , and not some north korean bowing to any authority no matter how absurd , without question. We are rebs , I’m proud of that myself . Those of us that prep and store goods , that live in a state that has “hoarding ” laws ……..its illegal , but we do it anyway . Why ? because we feel its what is right . But anyway , the PUTIN / NUGENT 2016 was a joke , and a sort of anti politic statement . Sadly , even as a joke , either one would be better than what we currently have in office .