Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

… [T]he US president is viewed as being totally ‘out classed’ by Putin, and de-stabilizing huge regions with an ineffective, poorly executed and constantly shifting foreign policy. (Personally I would assess this is actually a very clever tactic as opposed to actual incompetence)

That’s exactly how I see it. I do not believe he’s the low intelligence, bumbling fool some make him out to be. But I also believe that’s part of the overall strategy, to appear to have an opposition, while the opposition points people’s attention in the wrong direction – away from the carefully crafted, intentional destruction of the United States. Under Republicans, we end up at the same point as the Democrats take us anyway, perhaps just a bit slower, and with a bit different “flavor” – but basically the same ultimate outcome regardless. So if the Republicans point to the President’s “incompetence” and “ignorance,” ably assisted by their “fair and balanced” Fox News mouthpiece, a poorly educated and informed public buys it, buys into a “switch” every few years at the ballot box, and two sides of the same coin that keeps getting flipped continue rolling down the road.

Toby, I’m presuming you inadvertently left out a “doesn’t” in that assessment – that the US is the only one that DOESN’T know the emperor has no clothes.

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."