#45484
Profile photo of MountainBiker
MountainBiker
Survivalist
member10

As long as we’re on home remedies, I have one for poison ivy that’s never failed me yet. Scratch it to your heart’s content and then pour vinegar on it. It burns a lot but in a way that feels good at the same time. It stops the itch and by the next day the poison ivy rash is gone. One caveat though is my body responds very quickly to things. If I get a mosquito bite, the welt only takes a few seconds to form and in half an hour it is gone entirely. If I get a bee or wasp sting, the welt and pain is instantaneous, and an hour later it is entirely gone as if it never happened. I somehow think this is all tied to a robust immune system which is why I never get sick.