Profile photo of
Anonymous
Survivalist

Oh joy! My fantasy above is now the fantasy of one Tennessee congressman – not the state police, but the National Guard. What a different scenario that would be!

“We need to activate the Tennessee National Guard and stop them from coming in to the state by whatever means we can,” said House GOP Caucus Chairman Glen Casada.

What a marvelous dilemma. A governor calls up his state’s National Guard and orders it to counteract FedGov. FedGov then nationalizes those Guard units and orders them to either stand down, or else counteract their own state. Then Guard commanders have to make a choice as to which orders they will follow. And given that a large percentage (probably majority) of their Soldiers would be in support of blocking near-term immigration of Muslims from many different countries, some commanders may actually obey their governors despite the President’s order to stand down or take on their own state. Than what? Pass the popcorn – if this scenario ever proceeds, it’s gonna be quite a show! I remember the Louisiana National Guard commander during Katrina making some not-too-charitable remarks about the way things were being handled and they were being “used.” I’d love to see a repeat performance of that in this instance. It may be that the National Guard could become the catalyst for Revolution II – we forget about them and only think of the formal US military branches. What a powerful catalyst and motivator it could be if the patriots in the nation saw uniformed service members in opposition to this President! Crisis? Of course. Alternative? there aren’t many viable ones. January 2017 is too far away.

The possibilities get really intriguing. For obviously far different reasons, it would almost be like George Wallace standing on the University steps, and the President calling up the Guard to force integration – yet this time it would be state governors acting FIRST (with obviously different motivation from Wallace’s). My initial reaction is, “Bring it on!” Others may see it differently, of course. But as a great leader I personally very much admire once said, “Make no small plans. They have no magic to stir men’s souls”