Profile photo of
Anonymous
Survivalist

I would be out of order to comment further than just to say this: there is MUCH more going on, even this very day, than you can read about in the news. I don’t claim to have access to the details or even the specific locations, but frankly I’m very worried that some big sierra is about to go up that could affect much of the world in domino fashion. I hope not, but we’re closer and closer to where the margin of error is just way too close to play with. As crazy as Khrushchev seemed to be at the time, and as relatively young and inexperienced as Kennedy seemed to be at the time, there were some very experienced and knowledgeable people on both sides that figured out how to get out of the Cuban Missile Crisis once we got literally to the brink and were looking into the ultimate abyss. We’ve got a bunch of pseudo-sophisticated, totally self-absorbed people in DC today that don’t have a clue that they don’t have a clue, thinking instead that they’re all-wise and can pull off anything they want. And these troop cutbacks, budget cuts, “limited boots on the ground in an advisory capacity only,” are 2/3 (the first two items in that list) accurate much to our severe risk, and 1/3 Bravo Sierra (“limited” boots on the ground) to a significantly high power. (Don’t forget the Native American master sergeant KIA just three weeks ago.) Add in the crazy ISIS/Al-Qaeda factor, and all bets are off. Lil’ Kim would even probably feel emboldened to enter the fray just to feel the rush of ultimate power. And China is testing new, improved, anti-satellite weapons as we type.

We’re about to get into something that we do not have the resources to carry out except through the nuclear option, I seriously fear. It’s bringing back memories of a time in the 50s and early 60s when EVERYONE knew someone that was building a fallout shelter, and we were doing the school drills of ducking under our desks, facing away from the windows, and covering our heads – complete with the “Civil Defense” shelter signs pointing the way to the mass shelters. Knowing what white snowy looking stuff falling from the skies would be, was a way of life back then. Those were truly scary days in which to grow up, and nobody today seems to realize how close we could be to it again, let alone how woefully unprepared we are to keep it below a nuclear level, and therefore “manageable” (whatever that means). And if the line is crossed for us, we’d only then learn just how much of a JV team we’ve got up on the line.

I was just thinking of the music fading in as Slim Pickens rode the nuke down at the very end of the classic movie, “Dr. Strangelove.” “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, some sunny day.”