Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

There is another issue here , and its so obvious it escapes us , myself included ……………and that is language barrier . You cant contribute IF you dont read or write English . Nobody’s fault , but that is also why this forum is dominated by Americans , and other English speaking peoples . I can half way read Russian , but I cant contribute to any forums there for the simple fact that I dont have a Russian key pad , they have more characters than we do . We are not alienating anybody , we welcome and encourage input from other countries ………….but ……it is what it is . Australians , Kiwi’s and other people could post , but they choose not to .Your right , Selco owes us nothing , but dont get bothered when the Forum goes in as an American dominated entity , when we are left to our own devices . I would like it to be more international , as it would allow us to get ” educated ” by people that are in places we have a false impression of , and we ” educate ” those in other countries about how things REALLY are here . But that is rarely the case , except for those you mentioned . This IS an American forum , it has been abandoned to its own , not a bad thing , but we alienate no members from other countries , but I stand on my statement that this forum is kept alive by 7-10 people . You look at the total membership numbers of the site , its a big community , but reality is , you look at the number of people that post on a regular basis , its a very small neighborhood . Again , I say Speak up ! Gift Selco has given us ? Sorry , the forum is not the gift , it has been abandoned to us , tempers , personalities and all , to be run as we see fit . We can get that anywhere . I gripe , because it was started by a person that has lived through the real deal , , and that person no longer wishes to participate , and to point out where we are off base in our discussions from real life knowledge . The gifts are actually the Blog Posts , not part of the forum . He doesnt have time , then he doesnt have time , so we are it . But as Americans , our experiences are limited . As for the last paragraph , yes and no , if you are going to be on the internet , you need to get a thicker skin , thats all there is to that . As adults , we should be able to handle it one direction or the other equally well . I am a supporter of religion( s) in general , but I do find that those that are overly so , tend to get butthurt or offended by other people , way too easily , instead of looking at it as a challenge , and fighting fire with fire . Good or bad , the internet is what it is , people get emotional at times about subjects that they see affecting their lives , move on . At the end of the day , on the end of our screen , nothing in our real life has changed .