elijah
elijah
Prepper
member6

Disguising as a man is something I’ll admit I hadn’t thought of as a tactical defense, but now I can see it’s a very good idea. It’s unhappily true that women are especially vulnerable without the rule of law, and such a defense is worth perfecting.

The painting on of the beard was the most effective to the camera, but does it work well enough in real life?

I suspect that thinking like a man is a large part of the act, as subtle body language would be very important in being convincing. I don’t know if there are ways of disguising the voice, otherwise one would have to remain silent and hope that there isn’t a need to speak. Subtle shoulder pads can help with the appearance, as men tend to be wider at the top than the hips (unless he’s overweight), whereas women often have narrower shoulders. Loose clothing is obviously a must to hide breasts, hips and thighs, as these often define the shape of a woman. Manishly short fingernails and makeup to resemble hair on the back of the hands may play a role in some situations. A slight bulge in the trousers is vital. That’s all I can think of right now; doubtless more tips can be thought of, and I see in your original post you have already covered many of these points.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!