Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
GeorgiaSaint
Veteran
member9

This is not intended as Catholic-bashing, just specific to this Pope. Given what we recently heard from Pope Francis, I’m not certain that I’m totally comforted by the Catholicism of most of our own invaders. Some Native Americans might agree. On one hand, Frances said, “I humbly ask forgiveness, not only for the offenses of the church herself, but also for crimes committed against the native peoples during the so-called conquest of America,” and “Tragically, the rights of those who were here long before us were not always respected.” Gee, how great that sounded. But sadly, it was the attempted pacification before the fully intended stabbing, otherwise known as declaring sainthood for Father Junipero Serra, who was one of the primary facilitators of all that the Pope had just given public apologies for! (http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/09/26/pope-franciss-careful-side-step and http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/10/08/pope-francis-and-indigenous-peoples ) If these invading Catholics are following this Pope, I’m not entirely optimistic (understatement of the month!).

Separately, I want to add to my previous posts. Not all of the fundamentally evil people are head-choppers. There are more “respectable” appearing members of that group in governments and NGOs that give the appearance of civility, with just a difference of opinion from the “mainstream.” Make no mistake – there are those within governments that are intentionally doing all they can to facilitate their violent brothers. And sadly, there are many more that have been duped by the propaganda, by “human rights” slogans, etc. (because of their own inattention and lazy failure to do their own research). Just know that the fundamental evil is not always violent in appearance. It also runs for office or gets appointed to high level bureaucratic positions of power. Those types get network media time, and therefore take on an appearance (to some) of respectability and credibility.
Jus’ sayin’….

GS
"Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."