Profile photo of
Anonymous
Survivalist

Well. Due to an unthinking mistake on my part, you all get spared a lengthy reply that just disappeared from my computer screen (no spies, no malware – just a dumb, but maybe fortuitous mistake on my part). I feel inclined to just let it be, not merely because it would take considerable time to go back and recreate.

Suffice it to say, that watching the above videos of Mr. Farage, I’m reminded of the use of blackouts when it comes to news coverage of certain people, positions, or events. If they don’t make mainstream news on a regular basis, they can’t get a groundswell of support. And if they don’t have significant support because almost no one knows about them, their ideas fall flat and die. And when they do, the messengers themselves don’t even need to be “eliminated” (physically), because they already have been quite effectively. Then when their view do occasionally get noticed by some lone voice somewhere, and comments are made in public about them, Alinsky’s “Rules” are employed, most especially #5 and #12 in these instances:

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. … . “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; … .

I confess, I’d never heard of Nigel Farage — until last night, thanks to Tolik. And I suspect Tolik and I (and everyone here) are well above average in watching what’s happening in the world, at least compared to the general population. So I suspect (understatement!) that we’re seeing the classic news blackout maneuver being done with Mr. Farage, as it has been with so many people whose view points at least deserved to have been widely heard and considered (such as Dr. Paul, mentioned by Roadracer). If they can’t get news coverage, they and their perspectives and arguments never enter into the public discussion, and it’s as if they never existed. Meanwhile, the opposition presses on, with the “opposition” being the two-sided coins we’re constantly being handed, such as the Democrat and Republican Parties in the US. As that great political philosopher, George Wallace, once remarked, “There isn’t a dime’s worth of difference between Republicans and Democrats.”

So I am entirely unsurprised at not being familiar with Nigel Farage 24 hours ago, and mildly encouraged that he’s still alive, able to perhaps influence one or two people here or there. I want to have hope, but ….