Tolik
Tolik
Survivalist
member10

No , you cant trust him , but you can bargain with him . You cant trust any leader who is looking out for the best interests of their country . I do believe that he would indeed honor any agreements that were made about combined military operations against Islam , but we would have to be smart enough to make things very clear and spell everything out in detail . I will try to post this if I can find it again , but there was a poll taken in Europe , asking the populations of the NATO countries if they would be willing to come to the aid of their neighbor if they were to get into a conflict . The results were different for each country , but over all …………..they were not very keen on it . One thing about Putin , that is a reoccurring theme , is that he feels that the US does not give his country the respect its entitled to as a nation …………which we dont . I have seen a lot of his interviews , and what is disturbing to me as an American ( because it may be true ) is that what he claims about international affairs , in not so many words is this : As a nation and government , the US no longer has an identity , internally and externally , or really knows what it wants to do . Then goes around making a mess of things . While his country isnt going to sit in the back of the bus any longer , it cant afford to , because certain things are starting to get out of hand ( Islam for one ), and they need to assert themselves again . I hope that isnt true , but it makes me think . Every one of our regimes is completely different from the previous , while they are fairly consistent . Forget the government for a moment , we dont even know who we are as a people anymore . We ourselves are unstable , so we run to the tried and true , which is paint them as a bogey man , in order to try to hang onto what little unity we have left . Unwise long term . World domination is a fools errand , he is no fool . Bottom line on a lot of things , is that when our two countries make a decision to act and cooperate on an issue , Things get done , and get done quickly , because we have the ability to do so .