Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Thanks for bird-dogging that MB…

I could go a couple different ways with this… Drill guy said that a 220v pump would be the best option, but that would still leave us beholden. Was thinking about a small pump on a pump/deep cycle battery/inverter/solar cell all cobbled together in a small pump house… then there’s the hand pump idea…

I could still go with the dedicated pump, then lay back the hand pump in case things go South… still, pressure is an issue. Our water pressure here is absolute dog sh*^…. there’s pretty much only a couple ways to get pressure from a well – Artesian, where the water is pressurized as it comes from the ground naturally (yeah, like I’m gonna get that lucky), gravity (having a big water tower on my property is not an option) and then a critter to pressurize the water in the house…

Still, it would be a net benefit to my son and others living here, decades down the road… so long as the filters held out, the water would be primo. Even with filters cobbled together after our supply were exhausted, it would still be pretty good water…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1