Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

How does this belief compare with the Talmud?

Being, at best, only a casual scholar of Koranic Islam, and of Talmudic Judaism, my impression from casual reading, is that the doctrines for dealing with “enemies” are similarly dire in both. The main difference seems to be whom they define as “enemies.” Islam, in the form of, e.g., ISIS, evidently treats anyone outside their group (with the possible temporary exception of outsiders who finance and arm them) as enemies, as witness, the almost daily rapes, enslavement, and beheadings, proudly (and professionally) reported in grisly video footage.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven’t seen much in the same vein from Israel, or from other Jewish organizations. Yes, they do tend to “pay back” violence done to them at a steep ratio — the better to discourage further violence, so they say. But I have yet to read of armies of Jewish rapists, or throat cutters, abroad in the world, seeking to impose themselves on their neighbors.

So the difference would seem to be more a matter of what they do, than of what they say.

Cry, "Treason!"