Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

“Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.” — Mark Twain (also attributed to Robert A. Heinlein)

Whether the planet will go into a long period of cooling within my lifetime, I lack the expertise to predict. But I partially understand politics, to the extent that politicians and those for whom they are the public faces, will not hesitate to lie, in order to accomplish their purposes. Heck, they don’t stop at wars — mass murder — for fun, profit, and power, so why should mere lying bother them.

The ’70s cry of “global cooling” (unless we de-industrialize, and lower the defenses of the West) was derailed, just as it began to get traction, by the treachery of the planetary weather, which, by warming up, refused to play along. The power-hungry America-haters, not to be stopped by planetary recalcitrance, changed the narrative to match the weather in the early ’80s.

“Global Warming!” Mankind (read “the non-communist nations”) are ruining the planet by living well, and being able to counter the Soviet Union, et al., and we’ll all be cooked, unless the West voluntarily goes Third world. Of course, the prospect that all of the thermal, and atmospheric conditions on the planet could be overruled by 20% (America’s portion) of 0.02% (mankind’s portion) of a gas that comprises about 1% of the total atmosphere, is roughly equivalent to believing that the last three hairs, at the tip of the tail of a fat Saint Bernard, not only could, but actually do, wag the dog.

Global Warming, if believed, supports virtually every policy change, and rewriting of the laws of the western democratic nations, with special emphasis on America, and, mirabile dictu, could be “verified” by carefully subsidizing the “research” of bureaucrats, academics and universities, all hungering for their “proper” piece of the economic pie. For people who gin up “money” out of electrons, and politicians who get to pass it out to people who say what they like to hear, what could be easier?

So it has become “fact” in the globalist-owned media. But the thought nags at me, that if such people could make the case that, no matter what the weather does, all of mankind is jeopardized by anything beyond subsistence living, and proper subservience to their globally-owned governments, that if they had access to reliable predictive science, they’d instinctively, almost automatically, mislead the rest of us to prepare for the opposite of what they expected.

Technology, human inventiveness, has been both blessing and curse to Those Who Would Be King: the weapons and spying they need are greatly enhanced, on the one hand. But their minions are rarely the avid slavers that their masters are. Slips, lapses by the minions, and newer inventions by those who would be free, are forever outrunning the Leviathan. My money is still on Liberty.

Cry, "Treason!"