Profile photo of 74
Survivalist
rnews

“To the first referenced subject I would also add another stage: Sixth Stage, After the Collapse” Robin

I think we are init. We haven’t experienced the civilization ending EMP or war event, but we are deep into the the stages of collapse.

Stage 1: Financial collapse. Faith in “business as usual” is lost.
Stage 2: Commercial collapse. Faith that “the market shall provide” is lost.
Stage 3: Political collapse. Faith that “the government will take care of you” is lost.
Stage 4: Social collapse. Faith that “your people will take care of you” is lost.
Stage 5: Cultural collapse. Faith in the goodness of humanity is lost

Overlaying these stages on the present it is easy to see we are far down the road of a collapse. The financial collapse has been an on going event for 50 years. To me this one statistic; that in the US 49% of adults are not employed, is proof of our collapsed state. The wamb-bamb event some expect may or may not occur. We could just continue to slide down into the stink of abysmal swamp. Stage 2-5 are on us now.

I’m reminded of the changes in Europe and the Middle East as the Roman Empire collapsed. Civilization didn’t disappear it changed forms. The collapse of the Roman sphere of influence took 500 years to occur. We are in a transition period, things look like they will get worse, and if a major war erupts heaven help us.

What I’m doing now is teaching my children to think, analyze and act accordingly to the situation and advance their life styles in preparation for changes that they may experience without my guidance. I’m about 98% complete.