Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

Sorry to hear about your brush with the Orcs… unfortunately, there is nowhere where they cannot be found.

I’ve said this before, but you have to carry what’s comfortable for you and what you can hit with reliably. I can’t tell you what you want. I can tell you what I’ve used and what my wife uses.

My wife carries a S&W 686+, 3″ ported barrel with adjustable tritium sights, giving her 7 rounds of Bad News for anyone messing with her (the “+” carries an extra round). What I carry varies, but usually I’m carrying a S&W 625 in .45 Colt, a Colt’s Anaconda in .45 Colt (out of their custom shop – has a 4″ barrel) or a HK USP Compact in .45 ACP. (Noticing a pattern?) I rarely carry a firearm in my pants pocket.

The exceptions to the rule would be a S&W 640 or a Colt Detective Special with the old school hammer shroud. Either will allow the revolver to be fired inside a pants or jacket pocket or purse without fear of having anything foul the hammer (if you don’t mind blowing holes in your pants or jacket, etc) The Smith carries 5, the Colt carries 6.

There are other weapons I’ve carried and never felt undergunned – depending on ammo, of course. The nicest was probably a 1908 Colt Pocket Hammerless in .380. Ammo was a mix of Cor-Bons and Golden Sabers. It is such a finely designed pistol, it’s literally like shooting with your finger. You don’t really even need the sights (and they’re so tiny anyway that they look vestigial). Very, very good little pistol for instinctive shooting. Sometimes can be hard to come by or pricey, but still a damn fine pistol. No sharp edges, either.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1