Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

free,

We’ve been in a recession for some time. Some would even say a formal depression. The government massages the numbers to make them appear to be better than what they actually are. We have lost an astonishing 50,000 factories in the last 10 to 15 years. The only thing driving the US economy is consumer spending, and folks aren’t spending – they’re hanging on to what little cash they have. The GPD actually shrank by 3% if you use the un-fudged numbers…

MB,

I don’t think they will either. I don’t think our coming troubles will have anything to do with either faction (if you actually think there’s a nickel’s worth of difference between the two) trying to pass a budget or stifle the other side from passing one via government shutdown… the last time they ‘shut down’ the government, nobody cared and even fewer noticed…

No, I’m thinking the Fed will raise interest rates. This will cause the growing bubble in the housing market to collapse (the housing market has actually come back to 1999 levels), and will drastically effect Wall Street, apparently because those idiots are leveraged 30 to 1 and derivatives are sitting at about 500 trillion…

Oh, and did I mention that it is now mathematically impossible to pay off our debts? Yep.

The worse that the dollar does, the more people will flee to precious metals. But to keep the PM market from superheating, there will be selloffs by various countries – flooding the market with PM’s and keeping the price depressed…. but this is only temporary. Eventually, they will run out of PM’s to flood the market with, and there is already more than one claim for each ounce of gold in the world…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1