Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

MB,

Hoo boy, did you just open a big old barrel ‘o worms…

We can sit around and discuss the causation of the decline of soceity, the entitlement mentality, parents who dump their kids on the school system to act as pseudo-parents, etc… and whether that type of behavior is the causation of the cops current attitudes, or whether the cops attitude is partially the cause for the massive distrust heading their way…

Chicken or the egg… which caused which? Or are both symptoms of a much larger – and much more disturbing – problem?

I do not have the answer to that. Observing a problem and being able to come up with a workable solution that will please everyone are two very, very different things… are a good portion of parents sh*^bags? Yep. But, once again, the problem is institutionalized… that won’t change until those people are gone.

I was in the grocery store once, and there was this very large woman with several children in the aisle ahead of me. None of the kids resembled each other. I will leave the rest of the details up to your imagination.

Anyways, one kid kept pestering “mom” for a certain kind of cereal. “Mom” turned and backhanded the child – who was no more than 3 or 4 years old – so hard it drove the kid to his knees. It was breathtaking… and she was berating him about how she was tired of him asking for that cereal when she already said no…

When I spoke up, I got the “Don’t you be tellin’ me how to raise mah own chile!” spiel… along with several choice epithets… this was in the days before cell phones (or “sail foams” as they’re called), so I returned the favor of the epithets and told this… person… I was going to call the cops on her for what she just did. All 350 pounds of her went flying out of the store, dragging her kids with her, leaving her groceries sitting there… I still called the cops to report what I had seen, but she was long gone…

I was spanked as a child. With a leather belt, a switch (that I had to cut myself), a slipper, a flyswatter, a hunk of Hotwheels race track (the worst, by far)… all sorts of stuff. And negative reinforcement works. But I was never struck like that, especially in the face. There’s spanking a child, disciplining him or her, and then there was what that woman did… orders of magnitude between the two. I’m surprised that kid was still conscious…

Dude, we could bat around stuff like this all night… and I have to go take a shower. I’ve been digging most of the day, and I’m hot and sweaty and frankly, I stink. I’ll be back later…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1