Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

freedom,

Right quick, because I have to go outside and work… and it’s pushing 90 today, so I gotta get a move on.

You’re talking about using body cameras to allow the “good” cops to anonymously “get” the “bad” cops.

I was told once that physical courage – that courage that is found on the battlefield and in conflict – that’s easy to come by.

Moral courage – standing up and doing the right thing, even if it means the end of you – is the most rare and precious kind of courage. The pressure to “go along to get along” and the Thin Blue Line – the Brotherhood – whatever you choose to call it, on cops is tremendous.

A “good” cop steps up and says “This is wrong and should be punished. I have proof and I will stand by it”, and his career is effectively OVER. He will forever be known as a Blue Falcon (feel free to look that up) and, if he’s lucky, will just be ignored for the rest of his time as a cop. Meaning nothing good will ever happen to him – no special training, no special schools, no promotions, nothing… he will become persona non grata. If he’s unlucky, eventually he will find himself needing help and everyone else will mysteriously have “radio trouble” and he will be left to whatever fate may be…

Body cameras will help with that problem, but solve it? No. The problem is institutionalized. To change that, you need to change the institution. Which means change the people. And people who have power – like cops – are very loathe to give that power up. They will fight tooth and nail to retain their power. Such as it has always been, and always will be.

You want to know the nature of a man? Give him power. He will reveal his true nature then.

I once stood against my own command because my own boss laid hands on a female and sexually assaulted her. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that if I testified against him – and I was the only witness – that nothing good would ever happen to me again. I would be left to sit and rot. If I kept quiet, certain plum schools were coming up and I was on a very short list for them…

My reaction was “EFF YOU!”. I will not be leveraged, threatened or bought. I testified anyway. Not only did that dirtbag abuse his power, authority and position, but he was married with children. What a scumbag. He needed to be gotten rid of, and if that meant burning bridges and becoming persona non grata, then that is what that meant. And it’s what happened.

Whirl likes to call me a cop hater.

After what I have seen of “Law Enforcement”, I’ll take that as a compliment. My soul is not for sale, no matter who tries to buy it.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1