Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

lone,

A very wise policy. Driving in England (Lake District), I felt as if I were driving in a tunnel all the time. You can’t see past the edges of the Motorway most of the time. I wouldn’t know what to do if I had to ditch off the Motorway. The back roads are much more enjoyable. Takes more time, but the tradeoff is worth it.

Contrast with Germany. Yes, you can see things, see farther, and get an idea of the terrain off the ‘Bahn, but God help you if you miss your exit or have to ditch – offramps are 10 to 20 miles apart sometimes. I’ve been in a stau before where traffic just stopped. No reason. Just came to a halt. People turned off their cars, got out and socialized. Sort of like a little, impromptu party right there in the middle of the ‘Bahn… when traffic started moving again, there was a flurry of movement as people packed up their stuff and ran back to their cars. Just another day in Deutschland…

Since you live there, can you give us an idea of what your options would be if you had to ditch? I mean, we’ve discussed chopping a hole in the fence along the highway with a pair of bolt-cutters or wire-cutters, then going overland to a road paralleling the interstate… is that even possible over there? Interested in what you would consider doing if you felt you had to.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1