Profile photo of L Tecolote
L Tecolote
Survivalist
member8

It’s getting rather deep in here — the subject matter, of course. What else did you think I meant? The waders are only for show. But I doubt that whatever most of us decide or say will significantly affect the survival of most of the western hemisphere’s population, one way or the other. I hope that we all manage to muddle through intact, able to straighten out the social/financial/political mess we’ve allowed “our” politicians to create, though I consider it less than likely.

Mountain Biker, how willing to be your putative subjects are those now dwelling in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland & Labrador, or does it matter? Might they not have a different opinion on the reuniting, or governance of Acadia? I guess as long as you omit Quebec, it’ll probably go okay.

I recall from my (compulsory) high school study of Longfellow’s Evangeline, that the earlier Acadians were of French descent, and spoke a dialect mixed with the local Native (“Indian”) languages. When the Brits took over Canada and chased them out of Acadia, most of them journeyed south along the Ohio/Mississippi Rivers, to New Orleans, then still in French control, where their descendants became “‘Cajuns.”

Cry, "Treason!"