Malgus, you and your wife are truly amazing. The problem is to get your visa because me and my husband are fairly old (he is 58 and I am 52). So our main priority is on getting the children out. My daughter is currently 1st year at University and my boy is in Grade 9. It is heartbreaking to send your children away but that is the only way for us. There is no future for whites in South Africa. If things deteriorate badly I might take you up on the offer to get my boy out until things normalize. He has a USA visa that is still valid for a few years.

Those of us who could get out did so already. South Africa still has one of the highest murder rates in the world with 31 murders per 100000 people in 2012 – five times the global average of 6.2 per 100000, according to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime’s … Read the rest

Heard on the radio today that the murder rate has increased from 45 murders a day to 47.

The latest murder rate has just been released. http://www.expatcapetown.com/crime-in-south-africa.html