Malgus
Malgus
Survivalist
member8

I guess the question must be asked,

Would you rather the two little cowards have gotten away to do it again?

Extenuating circumstances, these two were a threat to the public.
They were a threat to everyone until they were caught.

Much like the ex LAPD coward and murderer Dorner. Did they set up roadblocks? Circle enrire neighborhoods? Go cabin to cabin?
I think the old couple he held hostage may say that it wasn’t enough.
Or soon enough.
The families of those he killed likely agree.

I have woken people up to search their houses after the signs pointed to the bad guy being there without their knowledge. We did lock down sections of town until threats were mitigated.

Inconvenienced beats the heck out of being dead.
That’s the true infringement of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

A threat until caught.

The rest of the story: What’s his face – the Snackbar on trial right now – was apprehended after his hiding place was noticed by a civilian, and it was outside the cordon the cops set up. Civilian noticed the boat dude was hiding in, realized something was wrong, and called the cops.

Which means all the SturmAbteilungen tactics used by the cops meant nothing, really. Except to establish a precedent for trampling the rights of the citizenry.

I have woken people up to search their houses after the signs pointed to the bad guy being there without their knowledge.

Probable cause – the signs leading to their property – gave you the justification to search their premises. Otherwise, a warrant would have been required.

Inconvenienced beats the heck out of being dead.

The 4th Amendment is not “an inconvenience” and I find your flippant attitude towards what the Boston cops did offensive. People have a right to be secure in their homes and their papers. It doesn’t say “Unless the cops decide there’s “extenuating circumstances”. Then the Constitution does not apply.”

The Constitution cannot be voided by middle management cops in some police department somewhere because they say so… that’s the whole point.

If it comes down to choosing between being free and being safe (the rallying cry of tyrants everywhere), then I choose being FREE.

And I disagree with you re: Dorner. Those two Snackbars and their Wil E. Coyote fireworks/pressure cooker bomb thing are not and were not in the same class as Dorner, did not possess the same skill set and Dorner’s threats were largely against the LAPD – not the citizenry at large, which is what the two Snackbars were doing. Comparing the two cases is like comparing apples and volkswagons.

And just because cops in California crapped on the Constitution and got away with the same SturmAbteilung tactics does not make it legal, Constitutional or even right…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1