Profile photo of sledjockey
sledjockey
Bushcrafter
member8

I did see some 1/2 arsed attempt at explaining the reasoning, just now on a video….

What they said is: Fuel tanks in vehicles are grounded (bull-pucky – many boats are not) and thus reduce the chance of an eletrostatic charge to build up. The rubber of the tires also helps to insulate the boat from buildng up a charge (what about in the water which is a great conductor?). In this guy’s assessment, if I were to take the drums and put them on a rubber mat and then run wires via clamps to a copper rod stuck in the ground, this would mitigate the potential for the drums to explode. Still wondering how the gas vapors being either fully vented to the outside or completely contained would ignite the entire drum without lots of “what ifs.”

I really am just trying to dig through the misinformation and mis-applied-science to find the pointed risks during storage. In my current living situation, my family and I would only last a short time if the SHTF and violence errupted in the streets. Our only legitimate plan is to find a safer location. I don’t want to get into my plan. I am trying to figure out a way to store the fuel I would need to get to my bug out location. Sifting through all the propaganda regarding fuel storage is actually very difficult and there is a painfully obvious double standard regarding this issue.

http://ageofdecadence.com