Profile photo of sledjockey
sledjockey
Bushcrafter
member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>carpedebass wrote:</div>Great point Sledjockey. But, what would you do?

I would have to be in that situation and make the decision at that time based upon where I was, what was going on, and what my available resources were. Having a hard and fast set of rules one way or another might work in some instances, but to be fully able to survive what is thrown at you calls for a little “improvising, adapting and overcoming. Semper Gumby – always flexible.”

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>74 and sledjockey both make good points, and I will admit I hadn’t thought about the point sledjockey made about the kids being plants to jeopardize security. Older kids maybe, but not toddlers such as the 3 year old used in the example. Still, though I can’t save everyone, I will save a few if I can. As Roadracer said, I want to maintain my humanity right up to the end.

History would disagree with you that 3 year olds are not able to be used in warfare as decoys, ways to compromise security, etc. The extreme would be the refugee children that have bombs strapped to them. You can’t expect even a 3 year old to just be a 3 year old….. They literally have had 3 years of either good or bad education. How many 3 year old terrors have you seen running around the grocery store because the parents don’t watch them. You want to add that nightmare to an already dangerous situation? There is probably more than 1 reason that the adult dumping them is quick time out of the area.

Again, I am not sure what I would do. The blind acceptance of anyone (even a child) could compromise the safety of my own family. That will not happen. If I could take the young kid in without endangering my own family then I probalby would. Teens and older kids that weren’t raised by me? Not so sure. I raised a daughter and have another one that was raised by her mother (long story and I was not allowed to have anything to do with the kid as in no direct contact at mother’s request because I didn’t know she existed until she was already in 2nd grade – judge granted). Teenage years are brutal. The girl I raised was an angel compared to 99% of the teenager girls out there and she really damaged our family in several ways in a non-SHTF type scenario. I couldn’t imagine my demon daughter’s behavior at even age 21 in a SHTF situation.

Christian or not….. “Innocent child” or not…. There are too many variables to truly be able to make this decision outright.

So, to summarize:
1) How many walkers have you killed?
2) How many people have you killed?
3) Why?

http://ageofdecadence.com